M’sian Girl Suffers Burns From Exploded Phone After Charging Phone Overnight


A bank clerk suffered burns on her hand after she touched her phone while it was charging next to her in Shah Alam, Malaysia.

The incident, reported by Berita Harian, happened at around 4am on Sunday morning. (23/09/10) The injuries were caused by her phone overheating due to being overcharged. The device, which was placed on the mattress caused a fire and started to smoulder the bed. The heat caused 24-year-old Nur Filzah Abdul Rahman to wake up from her slumber, and subsequently sustain injuries on her hand.

She said: “I will charge my smartphone before sleeping and usually, I will put it on the floor. However, that night I decided to put it on the mattress on my left side before I went to sleep while it was charging. I woke up at around 4.20am when I felt something hot at the back of my body. I turned to the left and that was when my hand accidentally touched my phone, which caused it to feel really painful.”

Shocked into action, Nur Filzah switched on the lights and woke her roommates up to assist her in fighting the fire and preventing it from getting out of control. Her roommates used buckets of water to put the fire out. They then proceeded to bring her to the hospital to treat her burns.

She told Harian Metro that she had been using the same phone for four years, and it didn’t have any issues. However, she changed the battery about 2 months ago. Although she suffered minor injuries, she was glad it hadn’t been worse.

Photo Sources

 


Like it? Share with your friends!

869
30 shares, 869 points

Comments

comments

Choose A Format
Personality quiz
Series of questions that intends to reveal something about the personality
Trivia quiz
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Meme
Upload your own images to make custom memes
Video
Youtube, Vimeo or Vine Embeds
Image
Photo or GIF
Gif
GIF format